Saturday, January 30, 2010

One week. . .

In one more week I will be on my way to Kaua'i. I think I am nearly ready. I have tried on and selected all my warm weather clothes that I will take with me. I purchased a new bathing suit cover and new flip flops. I have gotten plenty of new warm-weather clothes on clearance for Miss, since all of the clothes that she has in her current size are for cold weather. I've mostly upsized these so she'll also be able to wear them this summer, and really didn't need to get a whole lot, since the best item of baby clothing in warm weather is a cute cloth diaper, of which she already has plenty! I ordered two Snappy SwimEaze swim diapers from Vilate of Nifty Nappy. These are nearly the only thing that Vilate makes that I haven't tried yet, and I can't wait for them to get here!!! I've made a list of all the things I will need to take and have started getting a few small new toys for Miss to discover during the plane ride. I have opened the closet where my suitcases are located, though I have yet to actually get the suitcases out and start packing them (opening the closet is progress!!). I have purchased and pored over a fantastic travel book about Kaua'i and have a pretty good idea of the things we'll do and places we'll go while there.

What do I still need to do? Well, okay, I guess actually get out the suitcases and pack them of course. I need to call and make a few reservations for activities we plan to try. I need to get Miss some jammies that aren't fleece. I need to get one or two movies for Miss to watch on the plane. She doesn't normally get to watch any TV (except when I clip her fingernails, it's the best way in the world to get her to sit perfectly still to let me do it!) but I figure an all-day plane ride is a good exception to make. I'm thinking of getting a Sesame Street video and maybe an old-school Disney cartoon like Cinderella. I don't know for sure. Any suggestions? And I have to get a new camera. Speaking of which, that's one of the things on my to-do list for today "Call local camera shop to find out if they have desired camera in stock." So, better get on that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment