Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving seems to kind of get a raw deal these days.  Right after Halloween, the Christmas craziness kicks in to full gear in stores, in ads, and so on.  Thanksgiving seems to have been relegated to the position of being nothing more than a signal that it's time for Black Friday sales to begin.  

Well, I protest.  Thanksgiving may not be as magical and glitzy as Christmas, but it's a pretty darn cool holiday.  It's about history, tradition, family, and of course, being thankful for what we have.  And I am oh so thankful.




How in the world could I be anything but thankful every day?  I have a wonderful husband who is an awesome father to our girls. I have two beautiful and healthy daughters.  I am more than halfway through a third healthy pregnancy.  I am so fortunate to have been able to conceive and carry two healthy children and to have a third baby girl on the way.  Even though this is my third pregnancy, I still marvel at the wonders of growing a little person in my belly.  Every time she kicks or wiggles, I can't help but put my hand on my stomach and smile.  It never gets old.  Never.  And I am so thankful.  


I'm thankful that my girls have each other and love each other so much.

I'm thankful that my husband works hard every day, and has worked hard for a very long time, so that we are in a position where I am able to stay home with our girls.  It's the best job in the world and I am so lucky to do it full time.


I'm thankful for so much more.  But today, after spending the day with my husband and our girls, eating food that someone else cooked, watching football, and just enjoying each other, I am so full of gratitude for this.  For my family.  For our home.  For my soul mate.  For these beautiful little souls and their baby sister.


Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome and I am so proud to have you as family.
    Love you and your little ones! I'm thankful for you!
    Auntie

    ReplyDelete