Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our Weekend

We had a nice weekend here. My hubby was on call and had to work all weekend, but we had fun anyway. Yesterday the girls and I went to a local store and cafe where they have lots of toys in a big play area, so Miss had a blast playing with other kids and some different toys. I was a little bit amazed at how long it took me to get ready and get out of the house with two kids, but we made it, only a half hour later than my intended time. And we weren't meeting anyone, so we weren't really late, just later than I thought we would get going. We got home just in time for Miss to have a nap. Lass wasn't tired, so we had some bonding time while Miss slept. We lounged around.


And had a little tummy time.



And we snuggled.

Then Miss woke up just in time to watch the Michigan game. It was a pretty good football weekend. Michigan State and Michigan both won, and the Michigan game was exciting to watch. I didn't watch the game, but Iowa beat Iowa State, which made my husband happy but my brother unhappy. My hubby went to Iowa for his undergraduate and medical degrees, and my brother went to Iowa State and played football there, so that game never really has a happy ending for me.

Naturally, since yesterday was 9/11 I spent some time thinking about that day nine years ago, the people who lost their lives and all that has happened since then. My brother participated in a cool 9/11 Stairclimb memorial event with other firefighters. Since my brother and my dad are both professional firefighters (dad retired), the part about the 9/11 tragedy that always seemed the worst to me was how many firefighters and other emergency personnel lost their lives running into the towers to save people. So the stairclimb memorial was a pretty cool tribute I thought.

Yesterday was also the one-year anniversary of this blog. I have gone back and read all the posts from the past year in the past week or so. Mostly I've done this while nursing Lass in the middle of the night. It's been fun to see the things I've written about and the photos I've posted. I started this blog kind of on a whim, but I'm so glad I did. It has been very enjoyable for me to keep up with it and to look back at how much has changed in the last year.

Today was a beautiful day so we just hung around at home. Miss played some music this morning.


And she showed off her sparkly pants

and bedazzled shirt, which she loved to look at all day.
We played outside this afternoon. The weather was perfect and Miss had a great time in the yard as always. Lass hung out in my BabyEtte wrap again. Bubbles were blown, sticks were collected (and crab apples, and acorns. . .), and there was lots of happy running.

When the Daddy got home he had some good cuddles with both of the girls.

They read a magazine. A plane magazine, of course.

And Miss gave Lass lots of kisses, as she always does.
And finally, I am happy to say that the "transition jeans" I bought after my pregnancy with Miss are already way too big. Yay. It was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment