Friday, August 19, 2011

Painting, Playing, and Peanut Butter

Oh, I do love the alliterative blog post title. You might remember Burritos, Boobs, and Bundling Up or Morning Meltdown and a Messy Make-up. I don't know why I enjoy coming up with titles like these, but I do. So I just go with it. Here's to the letter P today:

Miss sure does love to paint. And I sure do love to watch her. I was really impressed by this face she painted a few days ago.

I mean, she's two and a half. Amazing, right?

And then it turned into this...

If you look closely you can see that she's painting with all four of her brushes at the same time. This is her new thing. She does it with crayons too, just grabs as many as she can hold in her hand and colors with all of them at once. It's all good. But I was a little bummed to lose the face. It is fun though to see how her artwork changes over time. She is growing so quickly and developing new skills so I find myself always a little surprised and awed over what she can do.

Another thing that is so fun for me to watch is how my two girls play. Sometimes they play nicely together.

Sometimes they do their own thing.


Lass loves to climb and explore, while Miss likes to act out dramas with various characters. Miss also sings to herself a lot, and listening to her is joy.

I think playing is one of the best ways for them to learn and I just love to watch them. I can't wait to see how they play together more and more as they get older.

Miss has never been a big fan of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. In fact, pretty much any time I make a sandwich for her, of any flavor, she promptly takes it apart and eats each part of it separately. But the other day when I gave her "peanut butter and jelly sandwich" as a choice for lunch, that's what she chose. And then she said, "and honey." Cool. My mom used to make peanut butter and honey sandwiches for me when I was a kid. As soon as she said it, I thought it sounded pretty tasty and decided to make one for myself too. But first things first, I had to get Miss her peanut butter and honey and jelly sandwich.

My first mistake apparently was mixing the honey with the peanut butter before spreading it on the bread. She did not like that. She nearly had a meltdown when I mixed it up, but I distracted her by getting the jelly to spread on the other piece of bread. I was smart enough to ask her if she wanted me to put the two pieces of bread together or eat them separately. She wanted them separately.

She then proceeded to eat the peanut butter and honey and the jelly right off the top of the bread.

And after she had eaten just the good stuff off the top of the bread, she requested more, and more as the bread got more and more soggy and hole-y.

This is how my girl eats a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Lass on the other hand had her first PBJ and loved it, as much as she could love it with a fever and runny nose.

She's been a bit under the weather the past two days.

But my little sunshine girl still managed to flash me a smile, right on cue.

All these little moments make such happy memories for me. And for the record, I did eat my first peanut butter and honey sandwich in about 10 years and it was fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. I hope "little sunshine girl" is feeling better by the weekend... we can't wait to see both little gals. BTW, whatever happened to that hair that stood completely on end! HA! Doesn't seem to be a problem anymore!!
    Hugs,
    Auntie

    ReplyDelete