We got back late Saturday night from a week-long vacation. I started the trip by going to my parents' for a family reunion and service for my Papa. It was wonderful to see so many of my family members, many of whom I haven't seen in years. I loved that Miss got to be surrounded by such a loving bunch of people. Then she and I went to meet my hubby at the "Farm," which is his family's vacation property on a lake in Missouri. Here are some of my favorite things from the trip:
1. My parents have this small antique rocking chair that Miss enjoyed sitting and rocking in, which was adorable. I learned that the chair was actually my Dad's when he was little, which makes it just that much more special.
2. I got to spend some time with my Grandma B and go through some amazing photo albums she has put together with lots of old photos. My favorites were the ones of she and my Papa when they were "courting" and in the early days of their marriage. I love that I always learn new things about my family and my heritage whenever I see her.
3. Bloomers. I loved Miss in these from Three Yellow Starfish. In my opinion, bloomers beat shorts any day (on a baby/toddler anyway).
5. Watermelon. Not my favorite fruit to eat, and I don't think I even had any to eat during the trip, but I sure did love watching Miss try so hard to pick this one up.
6. Fishing. Here is Miss watching her cousins fish in the pond at the Farm. Her cousin caught a fish, and in the first photo she's making her fish face, which consists of her opening and closing her slightly-puckered mouth. She wasn't afraid to touch the fish or the worms they were using for bait. My hubby was pointing out all the important elements of hooking a fish to her while they watched the bigger kids. She ate it up. I can't wait until she's big enough to fish herself.
8. Raspberries. They were delicious, but even better than eating them myself was watching Miss pick them right from the bush and put them in her mouth. The berry face afterwards was priceless.
We had a great trip, and there were many things to love about it. Another wonderful part of any trip is coming home. We got to spend yesterday (Father's Day) together at home and it was a great day. A belated Happy Father's Day to all the fabulous fathers in my life (you know who you are).