Sunday, June 27, 2010

Whew!

I can't believe it's been a week since my last post. This past week has been a whirlwind of getting ready for a house full of guests. And not just any guests, in-law guests. Don't read that to mean that I wasn't happy about my in-laws coming. I actually like my in-laws a great deal, but when I find out that they're coming to visit, I go into a crazy frenzy of house cleaning and preparation. Of course I always do this to a degree whenever anyone is coming to stay in my home, but somehow when it's my husband's family, things get cranked up to a whole new level. I'm not sure what it is about having in-laws come to visit that makes me slightly insane for a few days before hand, but that's how it typically works. I guess it's better than feeling insane after the leave, right?

Anyway, that's my excuse for not blogging for a week. I cleaned my whole house like mad and then had a great time visiting with three of my hubby's siblings and their spouses and children (a total of 13 people) for a long weekend. Oddly, considering how camera crazy I've been since I got my new camera, I have hardly any photos from the weekend of festivities. The condensed version of events is that we had some guests arrive Thursday night, I went outlet mall shopping with one of my sisters-in-law on Friday morning, then we all went to the pool all afternoon and had a great time, ordered pizza for dinner, the rest of the guests arrived by late Friday night, Saturday morning I went to the farmer's market with three of my sisters-in-law, then we went to the pool again for most of the day, my hubby and I had to take Miss for a brief appearance at the wedding reception of our beloved babysitter, then we came home and the kids played in the backyard until late at night, including some hide-and-go-seek in the dark. Everyone was gone before lunch today and we have been catching up on relaxation since. As I don't really have photos from the weekend, here are some cute ones of Miss from today and last week, just because.

I love the curls out the bottom of the bonnet.


Smelling the flowers.

Big-Sister Strut

Stick phone.


Helping me clean for our company.

Just ornery.

No comments:

Post a Comment