Friday, May 13, 2011

Movie Day

This was yesterday









It was a beautiful day and I knew that it was supposed to get cold again this weekend (as in highs under 50 degrees), so we took full advantage of the warmth. We stayed outside all day, even having a picnic in the front yard instead of coming inside to eat lunch.



Today is kind of gloomy and cold, and Miss woke up with a low-grade fever. She hasn't shown any other symptoms, but didn't want to do much playing other than lying on the couch and maybe hiding under the covers.




So I decided to make it a movie day. We started out with a new Care Bears movie (she loves the Care Bears!) and then put in Madagascar (the "Wion Moobie") after lunch.
I'm not much of a TV person, and normally I wouldn't let her watch two movies in one day, but sometimes you have to break your own rules, especially when one of your little one isn't feeling well. I would much rather have days like yesterday, outside playing all day, rather than sitting in front of the TV. I'd also rather have my girl feeling well and being her little spunky self. But since she isn't feeling great today, a movie day is a nice change of pace. It's a real treat. Something totally different, which makes it that much more special and fun. She thought it was pretty cool, and it was a great opportunity to all snuggle on the couch.

Unfortunately this afternoon her fever started creeping up.

She didn't even finish watching Madagascar. She asked to go to bed. She never does that!
My poor girl had the hardest time falling asleep, but fortunately the acetaminophen kicked in and she was able to get comfortable and get some rest. Her fever went up high enough that I called for a doctor's appointment for this afternoon. It breaks my heart to see her feeling sick. I'm hoping this will be just a quick bug and my sunshine girl will be back to feeling like herself by tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I hope she is ok soon. It always worries me when they even stop playing.

    I'm a new follower from Fancy Friday blog hop. http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor thing. I'm sure resting with movies helped her, though. That's what we do over here, too, when there are sickies. Thanks for linking up at Fancy Friday! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you can just tell by looking at her sweet little face that she doesn't feel like herself! I hope she's better soon. (Doesn't it just kill you when they don't feel well? BTW, That never goes away ;-)
    Wub you,
    Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping here from Fancy friday blog hop and became your newest follower. How is your little one feeling? I hope she's better by now. Hope you could follow me back. Thanks! http://aimee-girltalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete