Tuesday, January 17, 2012

$1

$1 can buy some great stuff.  A friend of mine told me about these little drums that hang around kids' necks in the $1 section at Target.  Have I ever mentioned how much I love the $1 section at Target?  Well, I love it.  A lot.  Today I had to pick up a few things at this wonderful store, so I checked the $1 section for drums on strings.  My friend said her kids loved them.  Lo and behold.





These simple little drums led to hours of fun today.  They prompted a pre-nap jam session/dance party, where both of my girls played their drums, Miss sang (her version of the Snow White song, "I'm wishing, I'm wishing, today, today.") and we all danced.


I also bought $1 star-shaped tambourines and $1 maracas for each of the girls, but the drums were by far the favorite.

After dinner the girls showed off their drumming talents to their Daddy.  Miss in particular was really enjoying keeping the beat.  She got very excited that we could all play music together, and repeatedly asked, "Should we all play music together?"  Daddy played his guitar, I played a tambourine, Miss played her drum.  Lass lost interest in her drum after a little while and instead just danced along, wearing a tutu and sunglasses of course.  We played fast.  We played slow.  Miss practiced keeping the beat.  We sang.  We laughed.  These little $1 drums brought so much joy today.  And I'm not even talking about my girls' enjoyment of them, which was substantial (before bed Miss asked if she could play with her drum again when she wakes up). I'm talking about me.  I had so many moments of, "Wow, look at how awesome these girls are" and "I'm having such a blast" and "I will never forget this" as a result of buying these $1 drums.  Who knew?  Talk about a cure for cabin fever.  These $1 drums, and the fun they brought to our house today, are priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment