Friday, March 4, 2011

Lass at 6 Months

Look at this angel face.
I could just stare and stare at my beautiful littler Little.


She is such a good-natured baby. She is mellow and happy and sweet. Much of the time she's just content to hang out and observe the world around her.




She does have a bit of a temper, but unless she's hungry or tired, she can be soothed pretty easily.


She's starting to show her personality and curiosity more and more.

She smiles and laughs a lot and is just starting to babble a little. "Mamamamamama" is the little babble she does so far.

She is very efficient at getting items straight to her mouth, where she enjoys chewing and or sucking on everything.

Yes, I mean everything.

She adores her big sister and watches every move she makes. She laughs at her and loves to grab her when Miss is within reach. Many times I've heard Miss saying that Lass is "pulling [her] hair out" when Miss tries to hug her and Lass gets a good grip on her hair.
She has gotten her first two teeth in the past couple of weeks, the middle two on the bottom.

She seems to really love feeling these new additions with her tongue.


She's getting really good at sitting up on her own, though she does still topple over from time to time.




She's mobile in every direction but forward at this point. She rolls all over and can push up and scoot backwards pretty easily.


As I've already posted, she started solids just this past week. Avocado to start, and now sweet potatoes. She's done great with both of them. And yes, she did actually seem to like the avocado after the first day. I know some people may think me cruel to give my child plain avocado as her first taste of food other than breastmilk, but here's why it's my choice. 1) it's packed with great nutrition!!! 2) it's easy to mash up and serve fresh 3) it's bland, easy to digest, and not a food that is likely to cause an allergic reaction. And if that's not enough and you still think I'm mean because plain avocado isn't the most delicious food out there (I know, I agree it's not), let me point out that it's at least no worse than the taste of jarred baby food (yes, I have tasted it).


That said, she does seem to prefer the sweet potatoes :)


And finally, I can once again say that she is a good sleeper (she was sleeping 12 hours through the night at 2 months, but hasn't done that since 3 months).
Since returning from our travels last weekend I have transitioned her from napping in her swing to napping in her crib and have cut out her night time feedings. Last night was the first night that she slept through the night without eating. She did wake a couple of times but was able to soothe herself back to sleep, so I am very happy with the progress we have made since coming home. I again used the Ferber method, which was so successful for us in improving Miss's sleep about a year and a half ago (I blogged about our first experience with it and you can find the book reference here).

We had her 6-month well-baby appointment today. She is now 17.9 lbs and about 26 inches long (both measurements around the 80th %ile). She's on track with all her milestones and got three shots (two regularly scheduled and a flu shot) plus the last dose of her rotavirus vaccine drink thing. She's growing and developing and changing just as she should be. And I'm enjoying every minute of it. I'm trying to savor every smile and snuggle and create mental snapshots every time she looks at me and I know she knows I'm her momma. I am loving 6 months.

1 comment:

  1. Aww She is adorable and getting so big! I can't believe it has already been 6 months!
    P.S. Will you come Ferber-ize Colin?? You definitely have the knack at getting kids to sleep - which I am obviously missing!

    ReplyDelete