Sunday, July 24, 2011

Just Some Weekend Stuff

My big girl had a big weekend with her "Kids." This is what she calls her many cousins on my husband's side of our family. Some of them came to visit us last Thursday in preparation for a big weekend at the Wisconsin Dells. Miss was so excited to see them. As always, she had a blast playing with them.





Her judgement of the time spent with her kids? A wink and a thumbs up! Sort of.
Another try at the wink. My girl is funny.

Friday we went to the Wisconsin Dells, where Miss and Lass saw the rest of their cousins on my husband's side of the family. Everyone met at the Dells so that my husband, all of his siblings, and two brothers-in-law could run an event called the Tough Mudder. It's a race about 10 miles long with several different obstacles to complete along the way. Here they are after finishing. They all completed every obstacle and finished in one piece. My hubby is the one on the far left.

While I was glad that my husband had a blast participating in the mud run with his brothers and sisters, I have to say I was really not impressed with the Dells. Though I really try to make the best of any situation and have fun wherever I go, I just didn't have a good time there. There were too many people. The one water park I took the girls to was kind of lame for little ones (a lot of the attractions for really little kids weren't even turned on). The food was outrageously expensive and not appetizing. And on top of the lackluster nature of the "resort" itself, my girls were super tired, Miss had a few meltdowns, I forgot to bring snacks for Miss (though I remembered tons of food for Lass) so I felt like a big Loser Mom, and Lass woke up this morning at 4:30 am. I was seriously ready to come home today. On the bright side, Miss did have a great time playing with her cousins. And that's what really matters anyway! We have decided we might try to go back when the girls are a little older for a winter getaway weekend. An indoor water park would be a blast for them then.

In other news, someone is 11 months old today. So big!!

In the car on the way home this morning I taught her how to do "high five."


She is such a ticklish, giggly baby.


She's just so darned cute (even if she is sleeping like crud right now).

Today I made tacos with my homemade taco seasoning. I always use ground venison to make tacos or any other recipe that calls for ground beef. Before I added the seasoning I set some of the venison aside for Lass, who had her first taste of it at dinner tonight. She loved it!

When I was growing up, I ate venison rather than beef almost all the time, I think. I never really even notice the difference. I'm thankful that my husband hunts and that he gets at least one doe (rather than a buck, at my request) each year for us to eat so my girls will grow up knowing venison as the norm as well.

Today my hubby started the process of making sauerkraut. It takes a while to do whatever sauerkraut does while it gets made, but I'm eager to try it on some of his homemade brats when it's done.

He's pretty handy to have around.

Speaking of handy, my husband minded the munchkin (who napped for less than an hour this afternoon) so I could take a little nap this afternoon. I'm still pretty tired after being awakened at 4:30 though. My bed is calling me. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment