Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Some Random Thoughts and a Tea Party

Sleep has been somewhat elusive the past few nights.  I think I'm starting to get a little bit freaked out about how close the arrival of little Sis is.  Example - Two nights ago, I woke up at 12:53 to go to the bathroom.  Then I realized I was hungry, so I came downstairs to get a snack.  I decided to check my email and look around online a bit while I ate my snack.  I wasn't down here for more than 10 minutes, but when I went back to bed I was wide awake and sleep was nowhere to be found.  I tossed and turned, but I just could not quiet my mind.  My thoughts bounced back and forth between worrying about the fact that Sis is still breech, just like her big sister Lass was at this point in my pregnancy with her, and stressing out about all the things I have to do before Sis arrives.

I am already trying everything I can to get Sis to flip.  Most of it is the same as what I tried with Lass, I'm just starting earlier.  My idea was that maybe Lass didn't flip until the last minute because she was so big, so I started earlier while Sis is hopefully small enough that something - contortions, music, moxibustion, chiropractor, whatever - will work before I get to the point of needing to try to have my doctor turn her, like she did Lass.   My crazy, middle-of-the-night thoughts consisted of lots and lots of worrying that it would be pretty hard to be so lucky as to have a version work twice.  There's no real scientific basis for this fear, I guess, but there it is.  And it was magnified almost to the point of insanity at 2am.  Everyone seems so amazed that the version worked so well with Lass, since it's not really a high percentage procedure (so maybe there is some basis for my fear...), that I can't help but worry that I won't have the same luck a second time, if it comes to that point.  Obviously it doesn't help to worry about it, but I do anyway.

And then there's the fact that I have a nursery for Sis that is emptied of guest room furniture and freshly painted, and that's it.  So after ruminating about my fears of having another c-section for a while, I started thinking, "Crap, I have so much to do to get Sis's furniture out of Miss's room and put Miss's new stuff in her room and get all the new decor done in all three girls' rooms.  And oh geez, I still need to sew Sis's crib sheets, but I can't get to my sewing machine because the old guest room mattress is leaning against it, since we couldn't fit the box spring down the stairs, and what the heck are we going to do with a queen sized mattress and box spring that won't fit into our guest room, which now has to be in the basement because we have nowhere else to have it?"  And so on and so on, for a half hour or so, then back to the breech-c-section issue, repeat.  The last time I looked at my clock (after getting up again for a second snack at around 3:00) it was about 3:30.  I suspect I finally fell back to sleep at around 4.

Anyway...  I know there's not much I can do about Sis being breech (other than what I'm already doing obsessively), so I am trying not to worry about that for now.  I'm not very successful in these attempts to not worry, but I'm trying nonetheless.  And to address my other source of stress, well I just need to get off my rear and start getting some things done.  I have started working on some craft projects I have for all the girls' rooms (I'll do some posts soon to show what I'm doing).  I've made a good list for myself of things to get done and a Honey-do list for my hubby.  He actually requested this after learning that I'm am losing sleep because of stressing out about this stuff.  He's awesome.  And he has a week off coming up, during which we will not be traveling.  So, we'll get it done.  That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.

And never fear.  In between all the worrying, the contorting, and the crafting, we're having lots of fun.  We went to a birthday party this past weekend at Monkey Joe's.  Miss was scared of the big bouncy things, but she had fun running around and playing with Lass in this small one.  

It was so great to have my hubby along to help.  On the way home I thanked him for coming to the party with us, and he said, "What, you mean that was optional?"

After a bit Miss got a bit braver and was willing to try some of the slightly bigger slides.

And Lass is just fearless.

They loved these glasses they got in their goody bags.

It was a fun party, but I have to say I'm not a fan of Monkey Joe's.  Not because there's anything wrong with that place in particular, I just don't enjoy trying to keep track of my girls at their current ages in a place where line of sight is so limited.  I much prefer taking them to someplace like the YMCA or open gym at the Gymnastics Center where they both take classes to let them run around and burn some energy.  Speaking of gymnastics, I love that I can now take Lass with me when Miss goes to her gymnastics class and don't have to get a sitter for her anymore.  She loves watching her "Sissy" too.

And finally, I came down from putting Lass to bed last night to find Miss having a tea party with her Daddy.  She was so excited to have her tea set out and to serve us tea, including adding cream and sugar according to our requests.  It was so cute.


Time with my girls is the best possible cure for my stress about the above issues.  But I still really want Sis to flip ASAP.

1 comment:

  1. I just think Sis is another little gymnast waiting to emerge... it'll be okay, she'll turn. :0) Love you, with Hugs...